Resist the Pipeline — a coalition of organizations and individuals that vehemently agree:
- That human activity, specifically the burning of fossil fuels, has exacerbated the Greenhouse Effect leading to un-natural Climate Change, or Global Warming.
- That Global Warming is a threat to the sustainability of our planet and for human life on the planet.
- That we need to urgently reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and transition to 100% green energy.
- That we OPPOSE all new fossil fuel infrastructure as we focus on energy efficiency and clean energy to meet the electricity and heating demands.
What can YOU do?
1. #ResistBackBayPipeline Campaign — opposing new fossil fuel pipeline construction which is against Boston’s climate pledge and only serves Boston’s wealthiest (the pipeline project only has 1 customer, the luxury high-rise development at One Dalton Place. Weekly Wednesday vigils and awareness with #ResistBackBayPipeline More info here!
2. June 8th #WalkTheTalkOnClimate —
On June 8th, Mayor Walsh will kick off the US Conference of Mayors Annual Meeting. We are holding a rally at 930 am at Copley; calling on Mayor Walsh to #WalkTheTalkOnClimate ! EVENT HERE: We are demanding that he be a climate leader locally; that means:
- Saying no new gas-guzzling buildings,
- Activating Community Choice Energy which has already been approved,
- Adopting net-zero policies in Boston,
- Divesting from fossil fuels
- Refusing new fossil fuel pipeline infrastructure and,
- Following through on Boston’s carbon goals!
3. UPDATE on #ClimateTrial ! The judge “acquitted them without so much as an administrative fee.” This was a historic judgement as the necessity defense was used– meaning that the defendants’ protecting of the environment and the future of the planet were proper grounds for their Non-Violent Civil Disobedience. NEW YORKER story.
4. Featured NEW Video “One Dalton: Luxury in the Sky”– PLEASE SHARE!
This is a PARODY video of One Dalton’s Advertisement/ Propaganda (seen below):